Sunday, January 9, 2011

Transforming into the Queen of Egypt

To say I was excited about my upcoming Cleopatra photoshoot is an understatement. I study ancient Egypt as a hobby and collect anything related to the topic. Needless to say, this shoot was my idea. I purchased a wig from this great store I recently discovered and the headress I got at Party City. It had a stupid foam snake attached so I cut it off and purchased a stone at the craft store that my friend taped on (using fashion tape). I had two friends accompany me to this shoot who were a great help to me (Thanks Hannah & Brian!). The outfit is combination of some fabric Hannah and I picked out (the gold) and the purple one is just one of my curtains. Hannah was a pro and applied fashion tape and pins to make it hold together. I did not do the makeup.





The shoot wasn't easy sailing but I am extremly pleased with the shots thus far. I do plan on doing another Egyptian themed shoot in the future. There are things I want to change. I definately want an authentic dress, prehaps a new headdress and eye makeup closer to Elizabeth Taylor's in the Cleopatra film. In all honesty I would love to have body paint like Patrica Velasquez in "The Mummy". Oh and the mirror shaped ankh I am holding in the photo to the left is one of the many things I picked up at the Cleopatra exhibit back in December.




In teacher news, I am prepping my kids to perform at our school's Winter Gala this week. Their such good little singers! Should be fun. I think the only thing left to mention is that I met somone who is best described as increbily classy and a real gentleman. We met a couple months ago and are taking it slow but I will say right now that he is absolutely amazing and beautiful and I can't remember the last time I was treated with such respect.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...